Bridal sets are a collection of jewellery pieces part of the bride’s treasure trove! The must-haves in this collection include necklace, earrings, maang-tikka (a head ornament), nose ring (nath), bangles (kadas), armlets (bajubandh), waist belt (kamarbandh), anklets (payal), and toe rings. And they 1are most certainly designed to match the colours and style of the bride’s outfit and enhance her beauty. So, in short, bridal jewellery plays a vital role in any bride’s special day!
Different kinds of bridal sets are available for an Asian bride, depending on her culture, preference, and budget. Some of the most popular ones are:
– Kundan Bridal Set: Kundan is a type of gold jewellery made by setting precious stones in gold foil. Kundan jewellery is one of the oldest and most exquisite forms of Indian jewellery. A kundan bridal set has a stunning wide choker necklace, jhumki earrings, pearl maang-tikka, traditional jhumar head ornament, and other accessories. The Kundan bridal sets come in various colours and designs, such as gold, rose gold, silver, green, and red, spoiling any bride for choices.
– Diamond Bridal Set: There’s not a bride that doesn’t have an eye for this sparkly stone to be included in her wedding trousseau. After all, if you want to dazzle on your special day, a diamond can make that happen in a jiffy! Natural diamonds can make your wedding sparkle and shine. So, here’s what you can find in a diamond bridal set. A necklace with a pendant or locket, earrings with drops or studs, and maang-tikka with a chain or clip-on style. Diamond bridal sets come in different shapes and patterns, such as round-cut solitaire pendant sets, heart-shaped pendant sets, floral design pendant sets and many more that can compliment any of your wedding outfits.
– Gold Bridal Set: Gold is a classic choice for brides who wants to look elegant and royal on their wedding day. Gold jewellery is also considered auspicious and lucky in many Asian cultures. A gold bridal set consists of a necklace with intricate motifs or beads, earrings with danglers or hoops, maang-tikka with simple or elaborate designs, nose ring with single or multiple chains, and bangles with plain or plain or plain or carved designs. Gold bridal sets come in shades such as yellow gold, white gold, and rose gold.
These are some of the different bridal sets available for an Asian bride who wants to look stunning on her wedding day. But what are some of the must-haves for a 2023 summer wedding? Here’s what you can keep in mind while making your decision.
– Choose lightweight jewellery: Summer weddings can be hot and humid, so you want to avoid wearing heavy jewellery that will make you sweat more. The latest gold designs are inspired by the modern look giving you an ethnic feel without being chunky and uncomfortable. There’s never been a more suitable time to choose delicate bridal jewellery without weighing you down or irritating your skin. You can opt for light chains instead of thick necklaces, small studs instead of large earrings, thin bangles instead of chunky ones, etc.
– Choose bright colours: Summer weddings are all about vibrant colours reflecting a joyous mood. Choose bright colours for your jewellery that will contrast nicely with your outfit. You can choose gold and diamond studded with rubies, sapphires, emeralds, and other precious stones. The modern bride loves to add a dash of colour, making them dazzle a tad more on their special day!
– Choose trendy designs: Summer weddings are also about following the latest trends and styles. Choose modern designs for your jewellery that will make you stand out from the crowd. You can go for geometric shapes, floral patterns, animal prints, and abstract art designs.
Now that we have given you the needed nudge in the right direction, you can rest assured that it will come in handy when choosing your ideal bridal set for a 2023 summer wedding. Remember to have fun and enjoy your special day!
Are you looking for fine jewellery, branded couture pieces or diamond jewellers in Canada for a special occasion? At Punjab Jewellers, we provide our clients with only the best selection of jewellery in the market. Get in touch with us today to book an appointment!